There is no better way to help your neighbor than to do something unexpected. This is the simple idea behind the formation of Random Acts Matter, a non-profit dedicated to creating a community of care and compassion.
To inspire and connect people within the community to create:
awareness and advocacy of our neighbors in need of care and compassion
a community inspired to provide random acts of kindness and support
HOW IT WORKs
Random Acts Matter is organized for the purpose of raising funds to provide random acts of compassion and care on a referral basis via a network of community helping community. Random Acts will be performed primarily on a referral/nomination basis. Scroll down for our contributions. Primary sources of referral include:
- Municipalities (e.g. Police, Fire, City)
- Local Non-Profits
- An existing RAM donor, volunteer
- A business partner - see our Community Partners page and speak to one of them
- Through a local government agency here in St. Charles, IL
- Note: Other referrals may be considered, with appropriate evaluation
Initially, recipients should generally reside in zip codes 60174 and 60175, with desire to expand over time. Fulfilling of referrals/nominations will be focused on random acts that demonstrate care and compassion in support of our vision and mission.
Random Acts of Kindness and Service will be provided in one of three ways:
- Business Partners who will provide the service as a donation
- Group of volunteers such as:
- RAM Volunteers
- Church and other Youth Groups
how to refer
Click the "Nominate" button at the bottom of this page to fill out a referral form. All Random Acts Matter requests will be reviewed by our Governance Committee for alignment with our vision, mission, and established approval criteria.
What We've Achieved
- Donated towards purchase of therapy dog for a child with Asperger's syndrome.
- Helped contribute to a local family involved in auto accident who needed assistance with medical bills.
- Delivered food to an individual recovering from surgery which rendered them temporarily immobile.
- Donated tuxedos for two boys for prom
- Offered support for First Responders of local tragedy
- Provided dinner, a movie & babysister for new mom and dad in need
- Donated a medical alert system to a senior
- Offered support for a new car to transport a child in a wheelchair
- Provided books/reading experience for a high school student
- Donated outfit, manicure/facial for a high school girl
- Donated a bike for middle school student whose previous bike was stolen
- Assisted a single dad and five children that recently moved out of Lazarus house with needed household items
- Donated a sandbox for Lazarus House children to enjoy
- Provided summer clothes for six children
- Donated a washing machine to assist care for one's five children and three foster children; followed by a RAM volunteer donating a dryer
- Provided a spa treatment for a non-profit leader to help her relax and re-energize in a stressful time of her business
- Provided financial assistance to assist with medical bills related to cancer treatment