There is no better way to help your neighbor than to do something unexpected. This is the simple idea behind the formation of Random Acts Matter, a non-profit dedicated to creating a community of care and compassion.
To inspire and connect people within the community to create:
awareness and advocacy of our neighbors in need of care and compassion
a community inspired to provide random acts of kindness and support
HOW IT WORKs
Random Acts Matter is organized for the purpose of raising funds to provide random acts of compassion and care on a referral basis via a network of community helping community. Random Acts will be performed primarily on a referral/nomination basis. Scroll down for our contributions. Primary sources of referral include:
- Municipalities (e.g. Police, Fire, City)
- Local Non-Profits
- An existing RAM donor, volunteer
- A business partner - see our Community Partners page and speak to one of them
- Through a local government agency here in St. Charles, IL
- Note: Other referrals may be considered, with appropriate evaluation
Initially, recipients should generally reside in zip codes 60174 and 60175, with desire to expand over time. Fulfilling of referrals/nominations will be focused on random acts that demonstrate care and compassion in support of our vision and mission.
Random Acts of Kindness and Service will be provided in one of three ways:
- Business Partners who will provide the service as a donation
- Group of volunteers such as:
- RAM Volunteers
- Church and other Youth Groups
how to refer
Click the "Nominate" button at the bottom of this page to fill out a referral form. All Random Acts Matter requests will be reviewed by our Governance Committee for alignment with our vision, mission, and established approval criteria.
together, We've AcCOMPLISHEd 100 acts and counting...
- Donated for medical needs and bills
- Delivered food to those facing a crisis
- Donated for kids to experience prom experience
- Offered support after local tragedies and grieving families
- Provided learning support and self-esteem building experiences for high school students
- Donated a bike for middle school student whose previous bike was stolen
- Assistance to clients and families transitioning out of Lazarus House
- Provided date night, house cleaning, meals and other help for parents of child with leukemia
- Donated massage and R&R for individuals in need
- Donated clothes and gift cards to families who lost everything in a house fire
- Assisted with car repairs for disabled individuals in need